I've used a few a scrapped all of them. Very slooow and intermittently glitchy.
I still have a couple sitting at home somewhere.

lopaka

________________________________
From: Anthony Q. Martin <amar...@charter.net>
To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Sat, May 8, 2010 6:22:18 AM
Subject: [H] Powerline adapter (rather than wireless N)

Since I have both Tivo and a Blu-ray player downstairs, I'm think that perhaps
a powerline adapter would be a better option. That way, I could connect both
devices over a powerline network rather than using a special adapter for Tivo
and nothing for the Blu-ray. And, if I get an XBox or something like that, I
have a ready solution for networking.  From some reading, the logic goes that a
wired ethernet connection is best, followed by a powerline connect, and then a
wireless connection. Is that true?  I live in a two story house, so one
wondering if the wiring is truly connected between the levels.

Anyone played with one?

I guess I can be the tester...

So I hear that Tivo now has an 802.11n wireless adapter.

I get spoiled watching HD movies from Amazon on my Tivo XL.

Having the speed of 802.11n would make the transfers faster.

But my laptops are 802.11b and g. Will they work on an 802.11n system?  Are the
backward compaticable?

Would my new phone (Droid Incredible), when I get it, be able to use 802.11n on
its WiFi?  What about an iPad?  Is everything new these days 802.11n ready?

I just read the descriptions of two different products on Amazon and neither of
them mentioned backwards compatibility.  That makes me think it's not there.

If it is there, which router is best?