I popped it into a Win7 system and when I opened the disk management dialog
it asked if I wanted to setup the drive with either MBR or GUID.  I choose
MBR, created a new volume, then deleted it.

That tells me the drive is working just fine and should suffice to re-set it
for the RAID, no?  I can also hit it with Spinrite just to make sure.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>
+1 (514) 466-2756 Canada