Hey,

My brother-in-law just called me,  He is apparently infected with the
reveton ransomware by citadel.  He has the one with the FBI warning that all
of his communications are being monitored by the FBI.  It says he needs to
pay $300 for them release his pc back to him.  I tried to get him into safe
mode (with networking), but the ransomware has that blocked also.

My quick research online basically says we need to download stuff and burn
an image onto a CD/DVD/USB.  I am 300 miles away from him and they are not
technically able to do what is needed to clean it.

Anyone have any insights into this malware so that I might help them?  I
basically told him he needs to take it somewhere locally to have it cleaned.

Thanks,

Bobby