This is really good to hear, as what I just bought was a Samsung 840....

Steve

On 5/6/2013 11:40 AM, Greg Sevart wrote:
All of them crap controllers. OCZ would either be Indilinx or Sandforce,
neither of which have a good track record (though Indilinx far worse than
SF). Your Patriot and ADATA were probably Indilinx or Sandforce as well.
Your failures were almost certainly firmware problems, not NAND wearout.

Samsung (830, 840 Pro) is where it's at, followed by Marvell controllers
(e.g., Crucial C300, m4, m500).

SSDs are extremely reliable if you get one based on a good controller.
Friends don't let friends buy OCZ, though the controller manufacturer is
more critical than the brand label on the box.

Greg
(owner/user of: 4x Intel G2, 1x Intel 320, 5x Samsung 830, 1x Samsung 840,
2x Samsung 840 Pro with no failures)

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Robert Martin
Jr.
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 10:06 AM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] SSDs and My Documents

I've had 4 SSD's die each in under 6 months. I'm not really sold on the
reliability ;)
2 were OCZ and the others were a Patriot and a ADATA. All in different boxes
and all were boot drives. I had a seagate hybrid drive die after 2 months
also. All were on UPS's too.

I switched back to mechanical drives for my important machines. Don't have
the time to redo everything that ofter any more....

lopaka