Well, points for style, it appears MS has tried to really improve this. But, in copying over a large amount of files today, I realize this thing can get VERY confused.. I get to the end of a 4Tb copy, and it says "your target already has 868 of these files.." Oh.. Hmm. Interesting. So, I let it show me where the target has these files.. I see them. I try to open them (any of them) they do not open (period).

Since this was a fresh copy onto blank drives, I don't know how they could "be there originally" anyway, but still interesting.