I have an Asus P6t Deluxe V2 motherboard.  I do have an NVidia graphics card
though.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Tomporowski
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:18 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] External drive issue

Yeah, I noticed that I jumped too soon.  Then I started to read the rest
of that thread.  Are you using an Nvidia/AMD chipset.  There seemed to
be a separate issue there.  What year is it again? ;-)

On 7/28/2013 6:57 PM, Winterlight wrote:

> Maybe a known issue in 2009 but I don't have problems in 2013 copying
> blue ray rips = 45GB files to my external USB2 drive using Win7Pro
>

> At 03:07 PM 7/28/2013, you wrote:
>> It seems to be a known issue with Win7:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8a0ac171-7bd1-4b8d-
8e93-c3b05f969255/windows-7-64-bit-usb-external-hard-drives-lose-its-connect
ion-and-stops-working