Hi,

This is correct for network/voice cabling.

Solid should only be used with either special solid crimp on connectors,
or with IDC or insulation displacement connections (such as 110 punch
down on the back of a jack).

Stranded should only be used with stranded crimp on connectors, it can
NOT be used with IDC connections.

In general you want stranded in any location the wire will be moved
around a lot (like user side patch cords).  Solid can be  good choice
for dressed data center/patch panel patch cords, as it will go where you
tell it to go a bit better.

This image shows you what the contacts look like in the connector, IMHO,
I would not use the "solid" on stranded, despite this image saying it's OK.

https://www.brucetambling.com/w/images/0/0f/Stranded_vs_solid_contact_lg.jpg

-Harry