Finally searched on the two Quadro boards, they both only have 128 MB of DDR memory, so it's pretty much a moot point, back to the 8800GT. The base computer I'm using is an old Compaq, I'm replacing his Athlon X2 3600 with an Athlon X2 3600 (some things just work out that way...). I've got an E8400 and a couple of E8300's lying around, I'll see if I can find an LGA 775 board. Probably cheap if you can find them...