I built my new PC around the Asus P9X79 WS you recommended. It is a great board, worth every penny. It has every possible thing on it... except for ESATA which I need and bought a separate card for. The BIOS is great, the USB BIOS flash is great... I used that before I installed anything...but I was surprised that there was no Asus windows utilities for the board. I did get all the latest drivers for the board from the website but I looked around on the CD and didn't find anything special. Am I missing something?

I went from a X9650 running at 3.33Ghz with 16 GB of RAM to this 4930K running stock with 32 GB of RAM. Encoding a TS file into a mkv file is three times faster . It is very impressive and well worth the extra cost of the CPU, and board. Interestingly I paid about the same price for the CPU in 08 that I just paid for the 4930K this month. The P9X79 WS was about a hundred dollars more then my existing ASUS Formula Maximus II. But my old setup has performed exemplary for me, without a single problem, running five years 24/7 ... and still going stable and strong.