Luckily, HP didn't alter the Dev id's, so I was able to trace each one down. Since I've recently had a tooth removed, I can definitively say that this was worse than pulling teeth. Found the RAID driver first, and Win7 installed. Then there was no network driver or video driver. A couple of drivers from HP worked, but the video and network had to be found outside. You can find out the device and vendor in Device Manager (Details - Hardware ID) and search the numbers online. Right now it's all working except the bluetooth (which she doesn't need). It seems that this device is on the board, but not activated.

The absolute worst part of this whole exercise was trying to read the key off the Win7 OEM package. It was 4 point type on a hashed background!