I have a multi license key for Office 2003 Pro that works fine... I installed it just a couple weeks ago, so how old it is has no importance to installation. The problem with your key may be that it is shown as having been already activated and only MS can address that. When this version of Office first came out there was no online activation or check but that changed around 2006 which is about a year after they started doing online activation for XP. Lots of pirated keys got caught, and cancelled when they started checking.