I've got a mouse problem that is driving me nuts. It doesn't click and drag
properly, like say to select a rectangular area for cropping a photo. Each
time I do it, there's about a 95% chance that it will somehow lose the
signal partway through the motion and make the box smaller than a want or
will somehow continue past and clear the box before I can click or hit any
keyboard commands.

I'm currently using a Logitech wireless mouse and I've tried replacing the
batteries as well as reinstalling the drivers to no avail. It works fine
otherwise. Haven't had any issues in gaming or anything. But when it comes
to dragging selection boxes (like in Photoshop or Google Earth or whatever)
it is an incredibly frustrating experience.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

---------
Brian