Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think my messages weren't getting to the group.

Anyways, I couldn't find any kind of answer online, so I just repartitioned the system and reinstalled. I have no idea what my sister did. The only explanation I got was that she clicked on games, saw something again for games or 'more games' and then the system locked on her, or she couldn't find out to go further or get out of it, so she shut the computer down. The only rational explanation I can think of is that she shut down the computer in the midst of an update. However, I don't know what could possibly create an extra partition and turn them all to GPT.

Steve