To start with, Welcome back to nVivia. Yes, it is a sota mine-field. But, nVidia always was.............. :) I can not speak for nVidia offering HDMI sound, but, if your nVidia card says it offers HDMI Sound, then nVidia will send/include whatever to make their logic work. Now, the logic may not work to your acceptance, but
they will at least 'turn the chips ON.'
/Physics/ appears to be a helper app that makes sure that the things YOUSEE during game play look correct,
realistic.
I raised a question about another 'bloatware' nVidia part. Sorry, I can not recall its' name.
Comments from our List told me to NOT allow it to install,
mainly because it was very HDW intensive. I did not, and live happy with my 'old' video cards. I will share this: nVidia now seems to using their new driver offerings to EOL/remove their old video cards that are still in use happily by users. I have hit this fence twice now. On 01-09-2014 nVidia popped up and asked meabout dl'g their newest driver package (v322.21). I tried it. It failed telling me my nvidia 5900GT was 'too old.' Fine! I get it. Buy a new video card, or, continue on with the old driver (v320.49). So..............I continue on!
I use:
nVidia v320.49 and v322.21.
HTH,
Duncan