Back when Opera had a real browser they invented speed dial which was a tab that had a collection of small windows on a page that you could use as a home page if you wanted and could set it up with the links you wanted so that all you had to do was click on a window and go the link. It was also dynamic. Opera called it speed dial.

Both Firefox and Chrome copied this in their own way but their versions seems useless to me. In Firefox and chrome it appears every time you start a new tab. It just seems to show your history in arbitrary way that they came up with. Is there a way to configure this in Firefox and Chrome and if not what is the point of it. I can't even find a menu for it, or even what they call it in Firefox or Chrome nor is there any explanation in the help files that I can find... of course, it would help if I knew what it was called. Can someone clue me in? Thanks.