Hello all,

I have purchased and installed a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD in my computer.
What I did is prepare the WDC VelociRaptor 10krpm 300GB HD so I can clone
the HD over to the SSD.

The HD was cloned over and the SSD booted up without any problems. There is
not much of a speed increase during boot up of Windows 8.1 (I thought it
would go much faster.) Although, the programs seem to run faster.

So, my question is: would the SSD boot up faster if I did a fresh install of
Windows 8.1 on it and reinstall my programs?

Let's discuss... :)

Tim Lider

Sent from:
Intel i7-2600K Running at 4.35GHz with 16GB of PC3 RAM running at 1,620MHz
Boot HD Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD.