Okay, found the problem. It was an idiot mistake. The new MB had the drive mode defaulted to AHCI. The drive I was trying to boot was set to IDE. Once I changed the BIOS, I was able to boot up to the desktop. It complained a lot, but it booted.

One other important thing I learned...SYSPREP will not work on any install that has been updated. It only works on a fresh install.

Thanks for all the help and ideas! I'm done for the day. I will do the complete upgrade tomorrow. Z97 MB (Asus Hero VII), i7-4770K, 16GB memory and Alva Nanoface Audio/Midi interface.

Thanks...Steve