Thanks for the input. I did load up NAS4FREE and the problem seems to be fixed
now. The interface is more what I'm used to since my old DIY NAS was freenas 7.?
I'm getting decent file transer speed with no pauses. I'm doing a 2 TB copy
using unstoppable copier as a test and so far no hiccups. :)

lopaka