From: Hardware <hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com> On Behalf Of Thane K.
Sherrington
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 12:50 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Ipad with lost PIN

I have an older relative with an Ipad, and he's forgotten his PIN (this
happened after an IOS update, so I'm not sure if the update caused part of the
issue or not).  I don't work with Ipads much, so I was wondering if:

a)there's a way to break the PIN (I have the AppleID and password)

b)If not, can I copy the pictures off the locked Ipad before resetting to
factory defaults.

c)If not, can get the locked Ipad to sync to the Icloud so I have a recent
backup of pictures.

I have no Itunes backup and no Icloud backup (but I do have some pictures
synced to ICloud).