It's alive!

I actually did a rebuild of my main machine at the end of last year
(i8700k, Asus Z370-Prime, GTX 1080 SC) and learned the hard way about DDR4
incompatibilities when filling all four RAM slots.

BTW, if you haven't seen it yet, this is a great site for comparing various
builds:
https://www.userbenchmark.com

But when it came to my kids' gaming machines, I just bought a pair of Dell
Inspiron desktops because they were the same price as what I could have
built myself and just less hassle.

I have found myself getting more into networking gear. I recently rebuild
my home network using Unifi gear from Ubiquity (including switches, APs,
and POE cameras) and that has proven to be very rewarding. The gear is much
more customization and powerful than most consumer networking gear.

---------
Brian