You need to know your ip (what's my ip websites) and port forwarding from your
router to your work station Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G
smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Bobby Heid <bh...@sc.rr.com> Date:
12/10/21  13:31  (GMT-08:00) To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com Subject: Re:
[H] Windows 10 Pro Remote TeamViewer was free for personal use if you don't
connect to too manydifferent machines.-----Original Message-----From: Hardware
<hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com> On Behalf Of _WinterlightSent:
Friday, December 10, 2021 3:18 PMTo: hardware@lists.hardwaregroup.comSubject:
Re: [H] Windows 10 Pro RemoteWow, 35 to 55 bucks a month annual subscription
required....I had no ideathis was so expensive. Too much for something I will
need for a week! ThanksChris________________________________From: Hardware
<hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com> on behalf ofChristopher Fisk
<christopher.f...@thefisks.org>Sent: Friday, December 10, 2021 6:49 AMTo:
hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com <hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com>Subject: Re:
[H] Windows 10 Pro RemoteThose instructions are just for PCs on the same
network.For remote access across the internet teamviewer, logmein,  or similar
iswhat you'll need.If you want to get all fancy you could go with setting up
VPN between PCsusing something like hamachi.On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 12:12 PM _
Winterlight <winterli...@outlook.com>wrote:> I have never used remote PC in
windows 10 Pro. I have used it with > Windows> 7 Pro and Teamviewer for Win7
and 8 but never with 10 Pro. Now I have > need to do so. I want to be able to
log on to my workstation from my > laptop in a remote location across the NET
... not from the LAN. Both > computers use the same version of windows 10.  So
I look up MS > instructions and get this How to use Remote Desktop>>
--------------------------------------------------------> Windows 10>> Use
Remote Desktop on your Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect > to a
Windows 10 PC from afar.> Set up the PC you want to connect to so it allows
remote connections:> Make sure you have Windows 10 Pro. To check, go to Start
> Settings  > > System > About and look for Edition. For info on how to get it,
go > to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.> When you're ready, select
Start  > Settings  > System > Remote > Desktop, and turn on Enable Remote
Desktop.> Make note of the name of this PC under How to connect to this PC. >
You'll need this later.> Use Remote Desktop to connect to the PC you set up:>
On your local Windows 10 PC: In the search box on the taskbar, type > Remote
Desktop Connection, and then select Remote Desktop Connection. > In Remote
Desktop Connection, type the name of the PC you want to > connect to (from Step
1), and then select Connect.> On your Windows, Android, or iOS device: Open the
Remote Desktop app > (available for free from Microsoft Store, Google Play, and
the Mac App > Store), and add the name of the PC that you want to connect to
(from > Step 1).  Select the remote PC name that you added, and then wait for >
the connection to complete.>>
using  on a laptop using my Google Fi account hotspot > but I am confused
because these instructions don't explain how it > finds the named PC without a
IP address or am I suppose to be using anapp.>> So should I use a Windows 10
App to do this securely... are there > additional security measures I need to
be aware of ?>>>> Thanks>