On Wednesday 13 October 2010, jeremy jozwik wrote:
> hello list, while investigating my SD card issue i discovered that the
> R75707 resistor is missing [broken off]
>
> in an attempt to assess the situation i started to remove the LCD
> component to see the resistors connection on the opposite side of the
> board.
> while doing this i managed to snap off the mini usb connection.
>
> the crack looks very clean, im wondering if these were simply glued on
> somehow...   you know... with conductive glue....  ?

Hmm...depends on where it broke. If it left the pads on the board you're in
luck, but it's trickier if you ripped the pads off the board. A photo might
help if you can get a good clear one.

> anyhow is there anyone that can help me fix all this crap or should i
> just go an jump ship at this point?

Given the questions you're asking it may be beyond your current abilities to
fix yourself. If you can find a good local phone repair place they might be
able to fix it for you. Having the schematics and component layout will
certainly help them!