On 13/06/2016 13:51, Khaled Hosny wrote:
DirectWrite and Uniscribe backends should be disabled
by default since they are only for testing purposes

[...]

Or may be the issue is that you are using your own build system and just
included all the source files

Hi Khaled,

You're right to an extent. I did include 'hb-directwrite.cc' in my VC sources but it was mostly because of something I read in README.txt:-

DIRECTWRITE: Enable (experimental) DirectWrite platform shaper support, requires a rather recent Windows SDK, and at least Windows Vista

It looks like I misunderstood that because I took it to mean that 'hb-directwrite.cc' should be buildable with the more recent Windows compilers. Thanks for the clarification.

John