Hey there,

> The next question is how to know whether a given hb_font_t supports a
given feature?

Apparently you won't need this anymore. If you do however, you can use
`hb_ot_layout_language_find_feature`, it has the mentioned the
complications, after that you can even issue
`hb_ot_layout_feature_get_name_ids` to get name ids fonts provide for the
ssXX and cvXX features, have a look at this test,

https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/blob/a33f238f8888cc969e1e393deda0518fb8dd6b13/test/api/test-ot-name.c#L35-L70

cvXX are apparently newer and can provide even more information so you may
like to encourage that in other applications you may have. Thanks!