Dear Mas Edo,

ooopss.. mohon maaf sekaligus terima kasih pencerahannya mas. Kayaknya juga
bagian2 lain musti dibaca ulang dengan teliti. Wah, tadinya saya pikir New
Age itu cuman ada satu gerakan hehehe.. katrok tenan... dan I think dibilang
New Age itu hanya pemberian nama saja dari western, sementara di timur,
praktik spiritualism sudah dilakukan bahkan sebelum diberi label 'agama ini
agama itu', well, anyway, saya coba terjemahkan koreksi mas Edo ya..

_____________

HU isn't a part of any religion nor a new religion. HU is a Spiritual
Community, Spiritual Movement that could be categorized as a part of New Age
Movements. As a movement, HU distincts in nature, form, or characteristics
from many New Age Movements. It has no organization, no leader, or rules
even dogma. HU is a group of people seeking divinity in a way other than any
formal religion's practices. That brings HU spread all over the world. Maybe
it is a good time to know the description of New Age Movement:

"New Age Movement, broad-based amalgam of diverse spiritual, social, and
political elements with the common aim of transforming individuals and
society through spiritual awareness. Comprising individuals, activist
groups, businesses, professional groups, and spiritual leaders and
followers, the movement brought feminist, ecological, spiritual, and
human-potential concerns into the mainstream in the 1980s and 1990s,
creating a large market in the United States and other countries for books,
magazines, audio- and videotapes, workshops, retreats, and expositions on
the subject, as well as for natural foods, crystals, and meditation and
healing aids.

Often seen as resurgent paganism or Gnosticism, the modern movement has more
recent roots in 19th-century spiritualism and in the 1960s counterculture,
which rejected materialism in favor of Eastern mysticism and preferred
direct spiritual experience to organized religion. Techniques for
self-improvement and the idea that the individual is responsible for and
capable of everything from self-healing to creating the world, have found
applications in health care and counseling as well as in sports, the armed
forces, and corporations and have provoked debate in religious and other
circles.

Holistic thinking has influenced attitudes about medicine, the environment,
the family, work, regional planning, and world peace, among others. Ideas
frequently associated with the New Age movement include anthroposophical
teachings, inner transformation, reincarnation, extraterrestrial life,
biofeedback, chanting, alchemy, yoga, transpersonal psychology, shamanism,
martial arts, the occult, astrology, psychic healing, extrasensory
perception, divination, astral travel, acupuncture, massage, tarot, Zen,
mythology, and visualization. (source: MSN Encarta Encyclopedia)

One of the differences from some of New Age Movements, HU is not rejecting
any religion. Still, HU bears mutual respect in religion's teaching. In
religion, you may find spiritualism and a religion could be a good source
for spiritualism. But spiritualism itself is broader and wider than
religions. Spiritualism is a human longing for God, the universal need of
God, which still may stay dormant in the every heart of human.

salam harmonis,