Vladimir Gorr wrote:

whether does it mean the HDK will contain the sources (src.zip?) as well?
Otherwise I don't understand what can be modified. Could you please clarify
this?

I know you addressed to oliver, but let me take a wack at it to see if I grok everything....

One of the many motivations for the HDK idea was a refactoring of the natives into modules, which brought up the interdependency issue. To solve, the idea is top copy natives headers at build time into One Big Pile.

So if you are in module foo, and working on something that modified foo.h, foo.h will be copied at build from module foo into One Big Pile, thereby overwriting the HDK's copy of foo.h, since the HDK and One Big Pile are conflated in the current model.

I don't like this, because as I am a forgetful person, I may point another project/module at the HDK, and now will be tormented by strange things happening because the foo.h has been changed...

That's why I've been suggesting a model (just for everyone's sanity, including people posting questions to the dev list), where the HDK is never modified, and there's a "working" area in the individual project tree where HDK + ThingsBeingWorkedOn are intermingled for the build process local to that individual project.