Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
Alex Blewitt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'd like to start work on an implementation of the pack200
decompression algorithm, from the specification which is available at
http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr200/

I shall give you a warm welcome for implementation of Pach200! :)  But
as I know few about the legality, I wonder it is legal for us(Harmony
developers) to read such algorithm directly from jcp.org? Can anyone
give an answer? Let's go ahead if there's no obstacle.

What? If we implement a spec from the JCP, we get the TCK and pass it. That's it.

[SNIP]

I know little about Mac, though I love its appearance :) I wonder if you would write the implementation by pure java or native code. IMHO, write them in native may be a help in performance, and maybe easy to merge (And we see, RI create a excuteable pack200.exe in its jre). The code can be put in native-src\(win.IA32/share/Linux.IA32/Mac?)
\archive, naming pack200.c or so.
BTW, I don't know if Harmony can be run on Mac currently. However, that is an aim :)

Why not just write it in Java?