Hello

I've been investigating the possible use of Harmony on QNX. We would like to use it, along with the QNX j9 VM, to run our self-hosted Eclipse based tools. I was looking through the code today and while it would be some work, I think the port should be relatively straightforward. What I am afraid of is that I would get the port done only to find that it cannot run Eclipse. The statement that leads me to believe that Harmony isn't mature enough to run a full blown Eclipse is the following from the Harmony website:

" This contribution is sufficient to run Ant and the Eclipse Java compiler, to provide a basic self-hosting environment. IBM also made a version of their J9 VM available <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony> for use by the project in evaluating this contribution."

I realize this is a fairly old statement, but I would just like to know if Harmony would be able to accomplish what I am hoping it can.

Thanks,
Rodney