Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
Oliver Deakin wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I just got my ubuntu box setup, and when running the test suite, I see
this :

    [junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.harmony.luni.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection
This package was renamed a while back. It's now
org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection
(!), and the
latest J9 VME kernels have those changes reflected in their code, which
leads me to
think that you might have an old version of the kernel classes.

Could you tell me if in your jre/bin/default directory there is a single
kernel.jar
or two jars, luni-kernel.jar and security-kernel.jar?

two.

This is a brand new machine (it was an T42 running windows until about
4pm yesterday), and it got v3 of the j9 vm yesterday... do I don't think
I "crossed the beams" - this is the only j9vm it's ever had.

Right, think Ive found the cause - looks like I mistakenly included a version of com.ibm.oti.vm.VM.class in the kernel on Linux that had that old package name in (don't ask me how - must have been a friday
afternoon :( )

I have replaced the VME v3 for Linux on DeveloperWorks with a one that contains the updated kernel. Please try this one and let me know how you get on - sorry for the hassle caused.

Doesn't anyone else see this?

I guess everyone else was still using the v2 and just moved the files over - v2 had the correct package names in. Also, the Windows v3 contains the right package references.

Thanks for finding this!

Regards,
Oliver

(thx)