described on testing and serialization convention pages.

Yes, it'll be useful. But currently few resource files follow conventions

Not only resource files.
The "Testing convention" document (testing.html) says:
1) "Tests, their resources, and support classes are located under
<modulename>/src/tests "
but actually they are located under
<modulename>/src/test
In this case seems the document should be updated.

2) document says:
"<modulename>/src/tests/api - Implementation-independent tests"
but many modules miss this level and define 'classpath tests' on this level.
In this case tests should be relocated.

Anyway, when one is not sure whether or not he puts the tests correctly, he
can just run the script and receive all warnings.
Thanks, Vladimir

On 6/20/06, Stepan Mishura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/20/06, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

> Thanks Stepan,
>
> 1. The decision about other resource files is: they should be stored
into
> "src/test/resources/" without further naming convention. Right? – then,
> a)       Ideally, can we specify further (after src/test/resources/)
> naming
> convention for resource files as it is done for serialization files?

Resource files for testing serialization is the first case. To work out
further conventions we should at least understand what kinds of resource
files are required for testing. For example, we may agree that resource
files for net-based tests should be put separately in 'net' sub-folder.
And
I'd suggest  to put all other resources into 'other' folder
(i.esrc/test/resources/other).

b)       At least, specify that resource file name should contain test
name
> – for easy resource file search?

Agree.

c)       Shouldn't we move content of "<trunk>/support/" into
corresponding
> module's src/test/resources/ directories? – if yes, I can do it.

No. IIRC we agreed to move 'things' used across different modules to
"<trunk>/support/".

2. Can we add a link to the

http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.htmldocument
> at the testing page?

Sure.

I want to create a script which checks that tests are stored as it is
> described on testing and serialization convention pages.

Yes, it'll be useful. But currently few resource files follow conventions
:-)

Thanks,
Stepan.

Thanks,