On 6/21/06, Alex Blewitt wrote:

<SNIP>
I'd also like to suggest that we try to move the pack200 code out of
the archive module into its own dedicated archive-pack200 module. If
this code is to be reused in other environments (whether part of a
classlib/J2SE implementation, or as a library/driver for other VMs)
then it would be a good idea to separate out the implementation from
the Java interfaces. After all, the standard Sun VM allows you to
switch to a different pack200 provider using the
java.util.jar.Pack200.Unpacker system property. It would probably not
make sense for a provider to also have the remainder of the
java.util.jar classes in there.

We agreed to separate providers implementation [1]. But I'm not sure the
same should be done for a concrete class implementation. In you case it
is implementation of java.util.jar.Pack200 but there are lots of other cases
,for example, java.security.Policy. So we'll got a lot of modules with only
one class inside.

Thanks,
Stepan

[1]