Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
Oliver Deakin wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
However, in our case, when I say "exec never returns" I mean "exec()"
never returns.

so you'd never actually get to "do IO" above, because you are hanging in
exec().

Big difference, right?
Certainly

So I assume you agree?  (Just want to make sure that I'm not missing
something terribly important here...)

Yes, that is a different case to what I was imagining (and what was on that page I linked).
Seems that *I* was missing something important ;)

- do you have a stack trace that gives more info for what each
of the threads are
doing? Could you attach it to the JIRA if you do please - Ive just tried
running a cut down
version of the test on my SLES9 machine and it exited fine, so it would
be useful to have
a trace from your machine to see what's happening.

Done

Thanks

Regards,
Oliver