Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
Tim Ellison wrote:
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
The first problem is the lack of "javac" that bootstrap-ant requires.
Can you clarify what 'bootstrap-ant' requires?  Is it running an Ant
<javac> task, or compiling Ant source with javac.exe?  I was assuming
the latter.

bootstrap-ant is a script that builds ant without ant, so it requires
having the javac executable available.

I could cheat and symlink jikes to it, but I don't want to do that: Gump
is an indicator of what people use in real life and this is the first
sign that harmony needs a javac command in order to proceed in real-life
usefulness and I want to keep that signal clear.

We know :)

So, if you are curious to see what's the next roadblock, I suggest that
one of you starts coding a javac wrapper for ecj (or anything else that
would do the job, I don't care) ;-)

We have one somewhere...