Mikhail Loenko wrote:
why not?

Because the full-stack testing is appropriate for CI systems that are running full-time to catch bugs. That's what our build-test infrastructure is all about.

Asking DRLVM developers (and conversely, classlib developers) to run 1+ hours of tests for even the smallest commits is a waste of time. We simply need to balance efficiency (targeted testing when you make a fix) with the dedication to have a rapid response when the CI systems find a problem.

geir

2006/11/16, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Pavel Ozhdikhin wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Be sure to not miss anyone :)  This was a great community effort, with
>> everyone pitching in.
>>
>> DRLVM is now a full peer  to J9 in Harmony testing.  :)  We still need
>> to use J9 (and another VM that happens to work with our classlibrary),
>> as a sanity check, but we should from now on use DRLVM in our CI testing
>> framework.
>

> On the other hand, to make sure DRLVM has no regressions regarding
> to Classlibrary Unit Tests it makes sense to add these tests to the "test"
> target of DRLVM build.
> What do people think?

Adding classlib unit tests to DRLVM test target?  No thanks :)

geir