Notice to all SSC librarians who are currently seeking accreditation,
renewal of accreditation, changing accreditation status, and/or those who
are wondering whether or not to do so...
Here is our procedure:

1.  You must notify me   (Etta Gold [EMAIL PROTECTED] or at Temple Beth
Am Library, 5950 N. Kendall Drive, Miami, FL 33156) by the end of this month
(November 30) of your intention/commitment to enter into the process of
becoming accredited.  On our AJL web site, once you click on Accreditation,
simply scroll down to the application papers, fill out the appropriate
one(s), and send them on to me (preferably by email).

2.  On December 1st, all applications will be assigned individually to
appropriate committee members who will act as mentors.  The committee
members will contact their assigned applicants before the end of December.

3.  January and February will be the time for mentor and applicant to
discuss and review complete applications, including necessary policy and
procedure statements.

4.  March and April will be the time to work out any problems, workable
improvements, etc.

5.  Final decisions regarding accreditations will be made by May 1st.

Thank you -- especially those of you who have already applied.  I will be
contacting you soon.
Etta Gold

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries

Submissions for HaSafran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/