Please reply to the list re: this topic.  I am also interested in this
company especially since they are developing Hebrew capable software.
Chaya Wiesman
Librarian
Ramaz Upper School

 >>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/29/2006 4:13:00 PM >>>
I have been in correspondence with Rich Stiebel of Kol Emeth
Synagogue about their plans to automate the synagogue library.
They are considering purchasing Resource Mate software and he has
asked me to post this query about it because he is not yet on the
Hasafran list, I am not familiar with it, and there are time
considerations.  Anyone with information about Resource Mate software
should reply to him directly and not to me.  His email is found below.
Rich writes:

Our Library Committee has found relatively affordable library
software made by Jaywil Software Development Inc.   P.O. Box 25005
Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 4T4.  The software is called: Resource Mate
Plus 3.0.  From the company's website, http://www.resourcemate.com/,
it appears as though this software will do most of what we need.

I'm concerned about timing, as my budget input (to the congregation's
budget) is based upon this Resource Mate 3.0 software.  I need to
know before the end of April if there is a known problem with the
software or the company so I can modify our library budget
accordingly.  I'm hoping that someone in HaSafran may know about this
company: i.e.
Is the company reliable?
Is their customer support good?
Does the software do what they say it does?
Is the software easy to use?
What are the minimum recommendations for computer CPU speed and RAM
to run this program at a reasonable speed?
Is anyone in HaSafran currently using this software or its prior 2.0
version?
For anyone using this software or having dealings with this company,
what is the one thing you wish you had known about the software
and/or company before you made a purchase from them?
Any other information about this company or its software would be
appreciated.
Please contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your responses.
Thank you
Rich Stiebel

Sherry Wasserman
MY EMAIL address is:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]