We have a number of interesting books that we bought multiple copies
of and will be offering them over the next few weeks. We ship and
bill to libraries.

"Studies in a Rabbinic Family the de Botons."

Edited by Ben-Sasson, M., Harvey, W.Z., Ben-Naeh, Y and Zohar, Z.

Jerusalem, Misgav Yerushalayim, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
1998. ISBN: 965-296-046-2. Royal octavo in dust jacket, xii, 201,
viil pp., b/w photos, Family tree of the de Botons in the 16th and
17th centuries, prepared by Yaron Ben-Naeh. Hardbound. Very Good. In
English with a short Hebrew section of the texts of the original
documents at the rear.  Articles on Rabbi Abraham de Boton's 'Lehem
Mishneh,' "The Spanish Expulsion and Jewish Immigration to Salonika,"
Abraham P. Socher, "Readings in the 'Lehem Mishneh' Part I: The Lehem
Mishneh' as Commentary. Part II The 'Lehem Mishneh' as Methodology,"
Daniel Boyarin, "An Objection of R. Abraham de Boton to Maimonides'
Methodology in 'Mishneh Torah'," Hayyim Sabato. Articles on Responsa
and History are "Rabbinic Contemporaries of R. Joseph Karo: The
Sixteenth Century de Botons," Renee Levine Melammed, "R. Abraham de
Boton and 'Lehem Rav': An Historical Analysis," Melammed.  Original
sources in Hebrew and with English translations are "An Epistle and
Supplication by R. Meir ben Moses de Boton," "An Ornate Epistle of R.
Meir de Boton," "A Supplication for the Day of Atonement by R. Meir
de Boton," "A Note on the Historical Context of R. Meir de Boton's
Epistle and Poem," " A Eulogy for R. Moses de Boton by R. Moses
Almosnino." (43069)

$25.00

Shipping additional $4.00 US, $12 International

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]