Colleagues,
         This is  new product from Gale that has many fine features
in terms of  its  flexibility.  It is rich and covers many
topics.  But unfortunately it does have a bias that does not please
anyone who cares about Israeli coverage and an unbiased look at the
Middle East.   Granted there are many fewer  news resources from
Israel than there are from all  of the Arab world and Middle East in
general, but this product so far has one newspaper from Israel.  It
is' Globes- Tel Aviv', an economic newspaper.  That is it.
  Over the past 2 days, I've been bringing this fact to the attention
of hasafran and the members of HVLA,  the Hudson Valley Library
Association of which I am a member.  What follows is a letter by one
of the HVLA librarians who was equally disturbed by this
realization.  Her letter to one of the product managers at Gale, the
producer of this product, tells how she feels.  She has given me
permission to share this with you for your information.
I have been in touch with several people at Gale who say they are
working on remedying this situation.  The product is brand new and
hopefully shortly they will have  multiple Israeli sources  as part
of the resources from which they draw their information  and  which
they offer to their subscribers.  We can never rely completely on an
aggregator, but their should have some attempt  to cover more than
just one side from the locale and all references to the other from
external sources.

I'm sorry that I have to inform you of this.  I like the product and
hope that they will come through with acceptable Israeli  sources.

                                 Marion Stein

Marion M. Stein, Librarian
The Abraham Joshua Heschel High School
20 West End Avenue
New York, NY 10023
mar...@heschel.org
(212) 246-7717 Ext 11639

"Manners are of more importance than laws.  Manners are what vex or soothe
corrupt or purify, exalt or debase, barbarize or refine us,
by a constant, steady, uniform, insensible operation,
like that of the air we breathe in." Edmund Burke (1729-1797)