A big thanks to all of my Hasafran friends who helped me to identify
tried and true books that work well in a Tot Shabbat setting.  THE
TOT SHABBAT HANDBOOK: A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR ENGAGING YOUNG FAMILIES
IN CONGREGATIONAL LIFE edited by Paula Feldstein is now available
from URJ Press:

<http://www.urjbooksandmusic.com/product.php?productid=10094&cat=0&page=1>http://www.urjbooksandmusic.com/product.php?productid=10094&cat=0&page=1

Chapter 12 includes tips for choosing the right story and presenting
it to a large group, recommended books to read aloud during Tot
Shabbat, recommended books to retell during Tot Shabbat, story
collections, and invaluable resources (including the AJL Jewish
Values Finder).

The handbook presents ideas and real-world tips from experts in the
field about the who, what, where, when, and why of worship
experiences for young families.  A CD with recommended songs to use
during Tot Shabbat is also included.  I highly encourage synagogue
librarians to purchase two copies - put one in the library and put
the other into the hands of the Rabbi or lay leader responsible for
Tot Shabbat at your institution!

Rachel Kamin, Director
The Joseph and Mae Gray Cultural & Learning Center
North Suburban Synagogue Beth El
1175 Sheridan Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
847/432-8903 x242 or <mailto:rka...@nssbethel.org>rka...@nssbethel.org