I recently saw a very good film that put matters of faith and
tradition in a positive light and at the same time suggested common
ground between Muslims and Jews.  "Arranged" (2007) is the story of
two young women, teachers at a public school in Brooklyn, one Muslim
and one Jewish, both observant members of their respective
communities.  They form a bond over issues of modesty and other
traditional values and come to support each other while going through
the marriage brokering process.  This is a "small" film,
independently produced on a shoestring budget, but it was uplifting
and entertaining and definitely worth watching.  Note that not all of
the characterizations of Jews are positive -- a very aggressive
assistant principal is particularly obnoxious but her meddling is key
to the story and there are some very comic stereotypically
Jewish-male suitors -- but the overall portrait of Orthodox life is
positive.  I think it should be considered for temple and public
library collections.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848542/

-- Lee Jaffe, UC Santa Crz