This came across through a colleague:

So we bought the new book on Hank Jones published by Alphascript
Publishing for the library at Brigham Young University. What? Never
heard of the book? Well, I would tell you the author of the book if I
knew it. Turns out that Alphascript Publishing, a subsidiary  of VDM
Publishing, is in the business of reprinting Wikipedia articles in
paperback book form. This 100-page book is a mere $45.00! We received
an ILL request for the "book" and decided to purchase when we
couldn't find it in another library.

Here's a Wikipedia article about VDM:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDM_Publishing

Apparently, the article used to have much more criticism of VDM's
business practices, but they have since been edited out.

Buyer beware Alphascript Publishing, Betascript Publishing, Fastbook
Publishing, and VDM Publishing House. The cover images of these books
are all similar, and have a minimalist-design slick and have a
high-quality stock image remotely related to the subject matter (ex.:
Hank Jones' had a picture of a (white) person's hands playing the
piano; the history of Ghana book has two giraffes). These "books" are
available on Amazon alongside books that are actually authored,
edited, and published with more reputable publishing houses. Clicking
on one of the editors of the Hank Jones books reveals that Frederic
P. Miller has about 65,500 books that he's "edited." Wow, he's been busy.

Steven Nordstrom

Music and Dance Librarian

Brigham Young University

4328 Harold B. Lee Library

Provo, UT 84602

steven_nordst...@byu.edu

(801) 422-5299

Rachel Leket-Mor

Bibliographer

Religion, Philosophy, Jewish Studies

Collections and Scholarly Communication Office

Arizona State University Libraries

PO Box 871006

Tempe, AZ 85287-1006

Phone: 480 965 2618