Rachel,
Here is a list of stories that are published in different
versions.  Divide the students into 2 or 3 groups. Ask each to read a
version  tell the story  to the other groups and compare the versions.
I have not been working for almost two years so I hope that I
remember correctly
Yettele's feathers by Joan  Rothenberg (or Ruthenberg)
Feathers by Heather Forest
Feathers in the wind by Marian Chaikin
All three stories are easy reading so the children will have time to
read and compare. It is about the damage done by gossip.
In the collection of stories Ten best Jewish children stories  By
Chan and Daniel Sperber there is a story titled  The love of two brothers
There are at least two more versions
The brothers promise by Frances Haber  and
Brothers: a Hebrew legend by Florence Freeman
A legends about brothers caring for each other.  When I read it to
children I always finish with the song heenay ma tov umah naeem.
Something from nothing by Phoebe Gilman
Joseph had a little overcoat by Simms Taback
About grandpa making something new each time when the coat gets too small.
There are many versions of the story about the man that complains
that the Rabbi his house is too crowded. It appears in  many
collections of short stories under the title It could be worst.  If
you put a question on Ha-Safran you will get more replies that you
can imagine for the titles of a book or a collection of stories. Or
email to Linda Silver silve...@roadrunner.com or Heidi Estrin
he...@cbiboca.org . They don't even need to look it up to reply.
I hope that this helps.

Amalia Warshenbrot Director emeritus

Levine-Sklut Judaic Library & Resource Center

Charlotte NC

Email: amalia...@att.net Phone: 704-365-3313