Four years ago, I asked the same question of HaSafran colleagues. Here is
the pooled answer. Of course, the list is not current.

===========================

Here are the aggregated responses from my posting on the HaSafran
(Association of Jewish Librarians) listserv. I sent the two personal books
to AppleFire bindery, and they did an outstanding job.

applefirebooks.org

http://www.applefire.org/bookbinding.html

Suggest you call them to discuss the issue.

Regards!!

-----------------------------
Julie Moss    jm...@fairmounttemple.org
We use ICI Binding in Chesterland, OH (east of Cleveland.) They are great to
work with and do a wonderful, affordable job.  (440)729-9411.
------------------------------
Joni Sussman    jsuss...@karben.com
Our parent company Lerner Publications Group has a large and well known
bindery here in Minneapolis called Musclebound Bindery. They bind all of our
books, both hardcover and paperback, in addition to binding books from all
over the country. Here is the website.
http://www.mbbindery.com/index.html

Joni Sussman
Director, Kar-Ben Publishing
A division of Lerner Publishing Group
241 First Ave. No.
Minneapolis, MN 55401
612-332-3344 ext. 229
------------------------------
Susan Berson    berso...@comcast.net
Congregation Emanuel, where I was librarian for 13 years, uses this local
company for re-binding its siddurim, etc.  I think they  do a good job.

Denver Bookbinding Company Inc.
2715 17th St.
Denver, CO 80211
1-800-727-4752
303-455-5521
Fax 303-455-2677

Susan Berson
Denver, CO
------------------------------
Dan Wyman    d...@danwymanbooks.com
I switched to Applefire bookbindery (applefirebooks.org) and have been
nothing but pleased--though they can't stamp Hebrew script on the spines
(they can do paper labels, though). Great work at reasonable prices.
------------------------------
Anne Dublin    adub...@holyblossom.org
Our former librarian, Carole Payne, does very fine work at binding Port
Hope, Ontario.
E-mail   bookb...@cogeco.ca

Anne Dublin, Librarian
Holy Blossom Temple
Toronto, Canada

Dr. Don Weinshank Professor Emeritus Comp. Sci. & Eng.
1520 Sherwood Ave., East Lansing MI 48823-1885
Ph. 517.337.1545   FAX 517.337.1665
http://www.cse.msu.edu/~weinshan