At our Conservative synagogue's library, I receive the most requests
to borrow books favorably reviewed in The Jewish Week, Hadassah
magazine, and The New York Times.  This includes fiction and
non-fiction.  I tend to order literary fiction, although I order some
simpler Jewish fiction (such as by Gloria Goldreich or Allegra
Goodman)and mysteries (such as by Daniel Silva) for those who like it.

Teens and children borrow books less often, except for children who
come to the library either with their religious or nursery school
classes or with their parents.

Recent books frequently requested: All Other Nights; By Fire, By
Water; Great House; To the End of the Land; The Death of the
Adversary; Comedy in a Minor Key; The Invisible Bridge.

Regards,
Melinda Herman

---

Ha-Safran Archives: