Hi,

I am putting together a syllabus for a book group I'm facilitating on
a volunteer basis at our local Hebrew Old Age Home. We have about 15
members, all of whom are in an assisted living situation. The group
is quite sharp, but some are visually impaired and cannot handle
reading a 300 page novel.. We have decided to stick to short stories.

We have read Joseph Epstein's Fabulous Small Jews and Joan Leegant's
An Hour in Paradise. I am also considering Dimanch, by Irene
Nemirovsky; One More Year, by Sana Krasikov; and The Wedding Jester,
by Steve Stern. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Please respond to my home email: jted...@gmail.com

Joan Tedlow

Librarian