Neil Danzig's CATALOGUE OF FRAGMENTS OF HALAKHAH AND MIDRASH FROM THE
CAIRO GENIZAH IN THE E.N. ADLER COLLECTION OF THE JTSA LIBRARY. Only $35.00
Friends,

Thanks to your overwhelming response, we are almost sold out of our
most recent offer to you,

Neil Danzig's Mavo Le-Sefer Halakhot Pesukot `Im Tashlum Halakhot
Pesukot (Introduction To Halakhot Pesuqot With A Supplement To
Halakhot Pesuqot).

In light of this  strong interest from you, our customers, we are
pleased to offer another important work by Dr. Danzig, this one his
catalog of the Cairo Genizah collection at the Jewish Theological
Seminary in New York, again offered at a special price.

We recently saw this title offered at over $75.00. Our price to you
for this 400+ page work, with plates, is less than half of that, only
$35.00.  Please see details below.

We also encourage you to also search our online inventory of over
8000 titles in Jewish & Holocaust Studies via our new search page
here.  You'll also find interesting and unusual titles in related and
overlapping fields in our recent catalogs. Having trouble viewing the
site? See our mirror site here.

To order, please email us with your requests to d...@danwymanbooks.com.

Special Offer:

Danzig, Neil.
  KATALOG SHEL SERIDE HALAKHAH U-MIDRASH MI-GENIZAT-KAHIR BE-OSEF
E.N. ADLER SHEBE-SIFRIYAT BET HA-MIDRASH LE-RABANIM BA-AMERIKAH.
CATALOGUE OF FRAGMENTS OF HALAKHAH AND MIDRASH FROM THE CAIRO GENIZAH
IN THE ELKAN NATHAN ADLER COLLECTION OF THE LIBRARY OF THE JEWISH
THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY OF AMERICA
New-York & Jerusalem: Jewish Theological Seminary of America & Shocken, 1997.

ISBN: 9654560224 9789654560221. Cloth, 8vo, 87, 362, xvi pages, plus
[12] pages of plates (facimiles of genizah fragments) 29 cm. In
Hebrew. Title page and introduction also in English. Includes
bibliographical references and indexes.

This very-well received work elicited many reviews in the Jewish
Studies press; see Steven Fine: "Review of Neil Danzig, A Catalog of
Fragments …" in Hebrew Studies, vol. 41 (2000); as well as Ezra
Chwat, "Danzig's Catalog of Halakhah and Midrash Fragments in the
E.N. Adler Collection and its Usage as a Research Tool," in Jewish
Quarterly Review 90, 3-4 (2000): 405-415. The book also received
praise from Heidi G. Lerner & Seth Jerchower in their "The
Penn/Cambridge Genizah Fragment Project: Issues in Description,
Access, and Reunification" (Philadelphia, 2006): "Danzig's 1997
catalog of Rabbinic fragments at the Library of the Jewish
Theological Seminary of America, while oriented upon the holdings of
one local collection, exhaustively provides cross-matches and
concordances. "

The Cairo Geniza is a collection of almost 280,000 Jewish manuscript
fragments found in the Genizah or storeroom of the Ben Ezra Synagogue
in Fustat, presently Old Cairo, Egypt. Some additional fragments were
found in the Basatin cemetery east of Old Cairo, and the collection
includes a number of old documents bought in Cairo in the later 19th
century. It is presently dispersed among a number of libraries,
including the libraries of Cambridge University and the University of
Manchester…. In 1896, English travelers Agnes S. Lewis and Margaret
D. Gibson returned from Egypt with fragments from the Genizah they
considered to be of interest, and showed them to Solomon Schechter at
Cambridge. Schechter, already aware of the Genizah but not of its
significance, immediately recognized the importance of the material.
He later went to Egypt, acquired many documents, and brought the
contents of the Genizah to scholarly and popular attention….The
Taylor-Schechter collection at Cambridge has nearly 193,000 fragments
(137,000 shelf-marks); there are a further 31,000 fragments at the
Jewish Theological Seminary of America. Also, the John Rylands
University Library in Manchester holds a collection of over 11,000
fragments…" (Wikipedia, 2011).

SUBJECT(S): Cairo Genizah -- Catalogs. Rabbinical literature --
Manuscripts -- Catalogs. Geonic literature -- Manuscripts --
Catalogs. Midrash -- Manuscripts -- Catalogs. Hebreeuwse
handschriften. Geniza-fragmenten.  When available, often priced at
double our price. New Condition.

$35.00

Please email or call with your orders, which we look forward to filling!

Sincerely,

Dan Wyman
Dan Wyman Books LLC.   www.DanWymanBooks.com
183 Ainslie St.  Brooklyn, NY 11211
Catalogs Issued  Search at
www.danwymanbooks.com/searchpage.php  Browsing by Appointment
d...@danwymanbooks.com   v: 718.963.0410
 >>>We Find Good Homes For Nice Jewish Books <<<

The BOOKLIST mailing list is hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network.
Join Shamash's Groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Great Jewish recipes, straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
http://www.shamash.org/ezclick/ezclick.php?id=18

To unsubscribe from the BOOKLIST list, email: