This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Rodney King story. Bookstores and
libraries display his new book THE RIOT WITHIN (Harper One, NY 2012). For those
who are too young to remember, he was the victim of police brutality towards an
Afro American in Los Angeles. Riots erupted when the policemen, who beat him
till he almost died, were acquitted.

  I suggest adding King’s new book to the bibliography on bullying but, I post
this on Ha-Safran for a different reason. Shortly after the riots I visited Los
Angeles for one of my first AJL conventions. The memory of damage to the city
as a result of the riots and the convention are still fresh on my mind. The
convention committee elected amazing local talents as presenters. The friends
that I made in LA  20 years ago are still my best source for Information for
resources that cannot be found on the internet.

  I encourage all of you to come to the convention. The networking as well as
the sessions that are offered for this year promise to stay with you for years
to come.

  Amalia Warshenbrot

  Charlotte, NC