From: Enid Sperber
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:10 PM
To: ha-Safran
Subject: [ha-Safran] IMPORTANT Los Angeles Airport information forconvention
attendees

We just got the following notice:

"LAX Construction Advisory - Temporary lane closures: LAX Central Terminal Area
begins Tues, June 5 for 2 years. Plan ahead"
The closed traffic lanes only affect the inner lanes at the Bradley
International Terminal and Terminal 3(Delta).

What does this mean for people arriving for convention?

For passengers arriving at the Bradley International Terminal: If you have made
arrangements for a shared van i.e. SuperShuttle or Primetime or plan to take a
taxi cab those services have been temporarily suspended from that location.
Therefore you will need to exit the terminal, turn right  and walk to Terminal
2 where you will find those services.

For passengers arriving at Terminal 3 (Delta): You will be directed to go to
Terminal 2 to find shared vans or taxi service.

For passengers who plan to rent a car: Please contact your car rental company
for instructions on how to proceed once you arrive.

For passengers being picked up by a private party: Please ask them to check for
real-time traffic conditions by going to
http://trafficinfo.lacity.org/html/lax.html .  They can  wait for you in the
cell phone lot.  You will call them when you are on the curb with your luggage
or they can park and meet you inside the terminal. Both save on idling and
wasting expensive gas.

There will be airport personnel available to help you.  We are sorry for this
inconvenience. It was obviously out of our control but we want you to be
prepared for some possible delays and to minimize the frustration.

We look forward to seeing you.

Enid Kent Sperber
Library Consultant/Archivist
Temple Israel of Hollywood
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Co-Chair - Association of Jewish Libraries Convention
               The Langham Hotel  Pasadena, California
                            June 17-20, 2012
             To learn more visit:  www.jewishlibraries.org