Greetings friends and colleagues,

I am writing to share information about a most unusual book I just read: The
Origin of Sorrow by Robert Mayer.  This work of historical fiction is
remarkable in its juxtaposition of authenticity and modern sensibility.  The
tale takes place in the 18th century Frankfurt Jewish ghetto and focuses on the
lives of a couple who ultimately become quite renowned, Guttle and Meyer
Rothschild.  Their story is framed in mystery and peril as it relates the
goings-on of day to day life under extraordinary circumstances. Murder, mayhem,
and superb Jewish values emerge. Though a bit lengthy, this captivating story
is an ideal book club selection. Look for a more detailed review in the January
newsletter.

Etta D. Gold  MLS, RJE
Library Director
Temple Beth Am    The Richard and Janet Yulman Campus
5950 N. Kendall Drive, Pinecrest, FL 33156
305.667.6667 (W) x128 | 305.662.8619 (F)
eg...@tbam.org
ego...@earthlink.net