I found out from experience that it is all a matter of priorities.
Unfortunately AJL cannot fight it. Many time I heard: "We do not have money"
and a week later a person was hired for another position because the Board was
convinced  that it is needed.  Librarians and library volunteers, by nature,
are not good in  marketing themselves. It takes more than we have includes
hutzpah and energy.
Amalia

Sent from my iPad